10 July 2009

Taking Stock

Two years ago, I went to my denomination's big national meeting. And I got a job and a sweater out of the deal.

This year, I went back (it only happens every two years) as a delegate from Vermont, which sounds very important. (And it is very important, but it mostly means that I have a 6:30 a.m. meeting every day, and a voting card.) And I was extremely busy. So busy, I didn't have time to go check out City Knitting, the yarn shop in Grand Rapids that I wanted to visit. But JerseyKnitter went!

Thankfully, I'd brought yarn. Stash yarn, in fact. A very deep navy "Bulldog Blue" from Brown Sheep (Lamb's Pride Worsted). I'm working on the Minimalist Cardigan (Rav link). I got the whole back done while I was sitting in meetings, but then discovered on the airplane home that I'd missed some decreases for the underarms -- so I had to frog 7 inches and pick up the stitches to do the decreases. Argh.

Anyway, here's me blissfully knitting away in a business meeting. More pics of the sweater later. I've now got one half of the right front panel finished, as well.

3 comments:

LiturgyGeek said...

You forgot to mention how you helped me interpret my crazily simple pattern, HK. for which I am very grateful - I am starting the back side of the purse, which I actually expect will be the "front side" after felting, because I suspect the pattern was a little "tight" for ordinary use. But, I am counting on felting covering a multitude of sins!

Pope Laura the Beneficient said...

I finally finished the scarf that I ripped out at least eight times because the pattern was too tricky for an Associate Delegate... I can't imagine keeping track of a sweater or a purse! Kudos to the two of you!

Unknown said...

Dear Holy Knitter,

You and LiturgyGeek have inspired me to share my Synod knitting story. It was my sitting with a knitter at an Iowa Conference Board meeting that got me interested in knitting. Love the blog!
http://viewfromtheiowaporch.blogspot.com/