02 June 2006

I have not fallen off the face of the earth

...I have just been a bad blogger, that's all. But I've been a good knitter! So that's something.

Brief update (as I'm about to go to a friend's moving-away party):
(not that anyone cares, as probably nobody reads this blog anyway)

I'm reading a couple of knitting and spirituality books, reviews for which I intend to include as posts someday. One's not so great, one looks to be pretty good but I've only just started it.

I've been knitting lots of random things -- finished a pair of socks I started a year ago, got about halfway on the Sunrise Circle Jacket before putting it aside, am currently breezing through the Spiral Shell from WrapStyle. I'm sure there are other things as well, but those are the highlights.

My knitting has been very good for my soul, pretty much the only thing that has been good lately. Well, not true, but work was pretty miserable there for a while. Now it's over, and I'm relieved. As far as I can tell, the best benefit of working for a school is two months of summer vacation. I'm going to visit my parents in a week and a half, and that'll be good for my soul also. But there are several Big Projects (not knitting, unfortunately -- job-search related) that I need to complete before I can go home and enjoy myself without my own guilt combining with the guilt my mother will set upon me with every waking moment and causing my upper chest to implode.

'Cause that's where I feel all my guilt. In my imploding upper chest. Hopefully knitting the Spiral Shell will help to protect me like so much blue wool guilt-deflecting armor.

No comments: